Thursday, January 7, 2010

Off the couch

I feel like the 'biggest loser' but on Monday I started Jillian Michael's "30-Day Shred". It's a 20-minute home workout that you do for 30 days -- and she claims will help you lose up to 20 pounds. Well, I know I am not going to lose 20 lbs as I am not willing to give up my nightly glass of wine and other comforts, but I do hope to lose maybe 5 lbs and tone up a bit, especially in the gut region. I just finished day 4 and still feel like I am going to puke during the ab workout. But I will feel like even more of the biggest loser if I can't do 20 minutes of exercise for 30 days, so I will push on to a flatter tummy!

In other off the couch news, I realized the other day that I never have to watch Drake on the couch anymore. He can get down by himself and every time he does it 'feet first', which I swear we worked on for months. It just sort of occurred to me that I think nothing of leaving the room with him on the couch. I still have to help him get up on the couch. He is almost there, though. He pulls to stand and leans forward on it and gets his left knee up about a 1/2 inch from the top of the cushion.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to both of you for getting off the couch! Maybe you can remember this milestone for Drake as Jan 10 because that was when you lost 5 pounds? ;)
Barbara

Katy said...

My brother's fiance loves 30 day shred.

Drake is just doing SO well. I'm sure it's harder to see with a typical child developing right next to him, but it's true. From over here, it looks lightning fast:)

How's Drake with fine motor? Do you guys eat with spoons/forks over there?

Hopeful Mother said...

Yay for you, and kudos to Drake!

Cary said...

WOW! I have to say that I'm super-impressed that Drake is safe on the couch by himself AND can get off by himself. We're nowhere near that one. Hmmm...maybe something for us to work on?

GingerB said...

I think safely leaving furniture is huge and nothing easy for kids without movement issues. Well done for you. Keep us posted on the shred, I need a jump start myself.