Sunday, March 15, 2009

Built-in best friend

The twins are supposed to be napping, but I keep hearing loud peals of laughter coming from their room. First one, then the other, then together. I can't resist, I have to see what they are up to.

I crack their door open an inch and peek in. Lucy is standing at the far end of her crib that faces Drake's, jumping up and down. Drake is laying on his stomach, but has pushed his bumper down so he can see Lucy. I watch a minute longer and see that Drake is playing a "peek-a-boo" game with the bumper. He lets it go so it pops back up, then pushes it down again. Roars of laughter from each.

Raising twins is no easy task, but every difficult minute has vanished in this moment. They are so lucky to have each other.

1 comment:

Cary said...

Don't you just love those unique twin moments! Daniel does this thing where he bends down so he can look Ben in the eye...it like he's saying "hi" to him or something. It is just so cute.