Thursday, March 26, 2009

Random and unrelated

Not so much to report, just wanted to let everyone know we are still alive and well, and I have been reading everyone's posts. I have been so busy at work, the days just fly by. And it's hard to admit, but part of the reason I have nothing to report is that I am not home with the kids very much anymore and therefore don't see all their little daily achievements.

But they are doing great. Drake is still trying to figure out this thing called crawling. He is so determined. It doesn't seem that he will army crawl, he wants to go right to quad crawling. He never tries to scoot on his stomach, he is all about pushing up to quad and rocking. He can do the arms great, and his right leg is good, too, it's the left leg that isn't sure when to move forward.

I want to take a video, but I lost my camera last weekend. I've been losing things like crazy the past few weeks. Saint Anthony is NOT on my side.

We did take the twins to a petting farm last weekend. Lucy loved feeding the animals pieces of celery. Drake was pretty frightened of the animals, especially the cow, and especially when the cow got right up in his program.

We are going to take Drake to the eye doctor in a couple weeks to see what he thinks of his "lazy" eye. It's barely noticeable, but his right eye doesn't always look straight at you. I am assuming they will give him a patch?

Both twins went for their 18 month well baby and shots last week. Drake is 24 lbs and 32 inches. Lucy is 18 lbs and 29 inches. She was pleased with everything about them and they don't go back until they are 2! I don't think we've gone 6 months without any doctor appointments in a while!

I have also signed Drake up for swimming this summer. It's a program for kids with motor issues and I think he is going to love it.

No comments: