Saturday, November 15, 2008

The E.T. Phenomenon

I don't know abut anyone else, but when Drake is having an off day, when it seems like he is regressing or isn't doing the things he did well the day before, I have an off day, too. I feel pissy, snap at my husband and sister, get into a funk that I can't get out of. I know I need to be able to compartmentalize these feelings. Lucy doesn't deserve a grouchy Mama just because Drake didn't sit for as long as he sat yesterday. And when he does something new, like pats his hand over his mouth to make the "woot, woot" sound we've been teaching Lucy, I feel over-the-top happy and the whole day feels bright. It's so hard to separate his achievements and short-comings with my personal happiness and sadness. This is something I am working on.

1 comment:

Mamá Terapeuta said...

Hi! Just read your comment on Bird's blog. I have a 4 years old daughter with PVL, and we have been doing ABR for almost a year now. We are absolutly happy to have found it. I share some of our history in our blog (http://mamaterapeuta.wordpress.com)

I'll keep on reading!